Monday, November 16, 2009

Lessons Learned

Yesterday as I was flipping through the channels of my television, I came across a re-run of President Obama's speech at Kresge Auditorium. As I was watching, I started to reflect back on that day. In addition to the joy and excitement that I felt when I was reminded of the fact of the President of the United States had actually walked up the same steps and through the same hallways that I too had walked, I also remembered President Obama's comments on leadership. While it is true that the purpose of this comments was to urge Americans to take leadership in cleaner technology by highlighting some of the great work done here on campus, I also felt that these comments on leadership were also meant to inspire Americans to do whatever they could to help make a difference in this country. Once the speech was over, I soon realized that this speech that gave praise to all of the innovative leaders at MIT could also be used to encourage the LTI community. This thought made more sense to me as I started thinking about all of the great community service projects that our LTI students have completed over the years, and the impact that these projects have had on the greater Boston community. While President Obama may not have said it directly, we should all take great pride in being part of such an amazing organization.

Your Public Relations Chair,

Walter Anazonwu

No comments: