Wednesday, January 7, 2009

LTI staff in Mexico

Hello everyone,

My name is YeSeul Kim and I am the founder of LTI. Last summer I was in Mexico working for Telmex, a telecommunications firm. Telmex established Casa Telmex, YMCA-type centers that provide free computer training and access to internet for poor children throughout Mexico. This IAP (MIT's school-free January period), I gathered a group of LTI mentors and an executive member to join me in implementing a leadership curriculum (based on our very own spring curriculum) that I developed and translated last summer.

We are in Tuxtla-Gutierrez now, the capital of Chiapas. Chiapas is the southern most state in Mexico; it is also the poorest. We are here to train the facilitators of Casa Telmex Tuxtla the pedagogy of leadership while also running a 3 week pilot leaderhsip program for Mexican students ages 13-16. For more information about our adventures, please visit our blog at lti-mexico.blogspot.com

No comments: